Terms and Conditions
The G-A-Y Merchandising Shop Terms and Conditions of use
The following are the terms and conditions which govern any contract of sale and purchase of items through The G-A-Y Shop. Please read them carefully. They do not affect your statutory rights
- The G-A-Y Shop is operated by Event Merchandising Ltd of Unit 11, Edge Business Centre, Humber Road, London, NW2 6EW ("the Operator") under licence.
- A legally binding contract is created between the Operator ("us", "we") and you when we receive your order and payment and we send you a confirmation e-mail to the address you provide to us when placing your order.
- All orders are subject to acceptance and product availability. We will not be liable for disappointment or other losses suffered due to product unavailability.
- You must be at least 18 years of age to order goods through The G-A-Y Shop.
- All prices on our website are inclusive of VAT but exclusive of packing and delivery charges which will be payable as indicated at the time of placing your order. You will be told the total price of all the goods you are purchasing, including packing and delivery charges, before your order is confirmed.
- Whilst every effort is made to ensure the accuracy of the prices maintained on The G-A-Y Shop's site we expressly reserve the right to amend the price having regard to any increase in our suppliers' prices, the imposition of new taxes or duties, or if due to an error or omission the price published for the goods on The G-A-Y Shop's site is wrong. We will notify you of any increase (but not decrease) in the total amount payable by you and give you an opportunity to cancel the order. If the goods have already been delivered you may return the goods at your own risk and receive a full refund for them and any reasonable charges incurred in returning the goods to us.
- Your goods will be delivered in accordance with the preference you state on your order (either as the ordered items become available or all items as one delivery, for which the waiting time can be up to 7 days) to the address you give when placing your order. In any event, we will always try to deliver (to addresses within the United Kingdom) within 7 days of you placing your order.
- If we do not deliver within 7 days we will try to notify you by e-mail of our new expected delivery date. If you do not agree with this you may cancel your order and receive a refund to the value of the goods you have not received.
- Our responsibility for everything other than damage to the goods caused by our negligence ends from the time we first attempt to deliver them to you. We will not be liable for any losses, costs, damages, charges, or expenses caused by any delay or failure of delivery of the goods.
- You may elect to obtain a refund if the goods:
- arrive in a damaged or faulty condition, or
- do not comply with the description of the goods you ordered, or
- are incomplete in quantity (other than where you elected to receive the ordered items as they become available), or
- do not arrive.
You also have the right to cancel the contract and receive a refund even if none of the reasons listed above applies; this does not apply if the goods have been personalised to your specification or in the case of audio or video recordings or computer software if you have unsealed them.
- If you notify us for one of the reasons given under clause 10 of these Terms and Conditions our only obligation will be to refund to you the amount paid by you for the goods in question. We will not be liable to you for any indirect or consequential loss or damage arising in any way and we will have no liability to pay you any money by way of compensation other than to refund to you the amount paid for the goods.
- We retain ownership of the goods until we have received payment from you in full. All credit and charge card holders are subject to validation checks and authorisation from the card issuer. If we do not receive authorisation we will not deliver your goods and will not be liable to you for delay or non-delivery.
- We shall have no liability to you for any failure to deliver the goods you have ordered or any delay in doing so or for any damage or defect to goods delivered by any event or circumstances beyond our reasonable control.
- If we elect not to enforce or to delay enforcement of any part of these Terms and Conditions of Sale it will not affect our right to enforce the rest of these Terms and Conditions.
- The Contract between us shall be the entire Agreement relating to the purchase of goods through The G-A-Y Shop and shall be governed by English law and subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Courts of England and Wales. If any provision is held to be not legally enforceable it shall not effect the remainder of the Contract.
- Neither JJ Is G-A-Y Limited nor any of its subsidiaries, shareholders, employees, officers, directors, representatives, contractors or sub-contractors (other than EML) shall have any liability to you whatsoever in connection with any contract for the sale and purchase of items through The G-A-Y Shop.
- We may change these Terms and Conditions at any time. You are advised to print and keep safe these Terms and Conditions.
- In the event of any enquiries relating to your order you should contact our Customer Service team on 020 8208 1166 during office hours, or e-mail us at the firstname.lastname@example.org. We will endeavour to respond to any enquiry you make within five (5) days of receiving it. Enquiries should not be directed to any G-A-Y venue as they will be unable to assist with your query.